Constipation, twitching stomach for 3 weeks. What is going on?

Posted , 3 users are following.

t all started Easter night (Sunday, April 1st). After having spent my day eating kilebasa, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, and pie with family, I went off to bed like any other night. Pretty much as soon as I laid down the middle of my chest started fluttering. It was literally like a fish flopping around right by my heart.

I am 31 years old, by the way, and slightly overweight with a history of eating a regular American diet with occasional salads and fruits. No bowel issues ever.

However, I have had PVC’s and PAC’s in the past, but I knew this "fluttering" wasn’t those. I could not fall asleep. I began to get worried when I had brief moments of sweating and when it felt like my upper abdomen was bleeding/vibrating on the inside.

Over the next week or so, the fluttering/spasming/twitching/pulsating (whatever it was) went away for good, but only after I went to urgent care to see what it was. I got an EKG and was told my heart was normal. They said the twitching/spasming was likely “trapped gas” in my stomach and recommended me Nexium. They said it wasn't an aortic aneurysm either.

I did not take Nexium and instead decided to try to get better on my own with diet and exercise. Well, within days the fluttering went away but I began having constipation. I was going to the bathroom maybe once every other day, with little, hard stool coming out after pushing super hard.  I took milk of magnesia to get my bowels moving. I actually only took one dose but it had its effect.

After the constipation subsided (but has since come back), I started having a strange stomach reaction to pretty much everything I ate. My stomach began vibrating/buzzing/gurgling after every meal. I began not being able to drink even two sips of beer/alcohol without my gut/abdomen going crazy for hours on end, even though less than three days prior I was out with friends throwing back whiskey and coca cola and not having any issues!. 

I also couldnt fall asleep because the vibrating/buzzling/gurgling started to affect what feels like my heart. My heart began thumping and thudding pretty much whenever I ate and even hours after. It seems like nothing sits well with me anymore. I also have to push really hard to pass gas still.

Over the last week or so I’ve been running about a mile a day and eating nothing but yogurt, bananas, soup, eggs, tea, etc, as these foods seem to be giving me the least amount of problems/spams/stomache reaction. I tried kombucha and kefir but I think the fermentation gives me a headache. I cant drink those without feeling brain fog afterwards. I’ve eliminated bread, dairy and other junk food in general. I have been tested for Celiac before and do not have it.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I got a blood test this week and it was perfect, I am told. My thyroid and complete metabolic test show I am “normal” and that there is no infection. I was not tested for h.pylori, however, even though I told my Dr. I wanted that tested. Might I have h.pylori? Or some other bacteria? E.coli? My blood pressure is normal,though I am overweight.  

Might my symptoms be a result of antibiotics (Penciliin) I took several weeks ago for a 6 week bout of sore throat/tonsilitis? My throat pain is gone but my tonsil is still a little inflamed. Could the virus be working its way though my stomach? Or is the last 3 weeks (going on 4) of my stomach issues/constipation more of an isolated thing? I have no real pain. Just these weird buzzing/virbating feelings after I eat and irregular bowel movements.I sometimes feel lightheaded after I eat. My primary care essentially thinks I am crazy.Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not an expert but it sound like acid reflux/ Gerd or gastritis u can get these with out having heart burn.

I’ve got gastritis and acid reflux it hurts in my chest all the time especially after alcohol. I’ve had it for a yearr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.