Constipation when useing allopurino.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi so im on 300mg allopurinol daily , and i am most of the time constipated . Any of you find that these tablet get them constipated? Also i stay that way when i take cholchicine which is strange as they normaly give diarhea.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have never had the problem but Im on 200 too.

Have you tried more green leaf veg and more water?

• Posted

Hi thats one of my biggest problems , to drink water . I have to be really thirsty to get water down and we dont eat much veg neither sad
  • Posted

Take allopurinol and colchecine and dont drink reasonably large amounts of water and you are heading to a kidney dialysis. 

Dont eat enough gren veg and you are heading to spending a long time in the loo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.