constpation

Posted , 4 users are following.

so since monday i have been constipated. i took lactulose up until Thursday lunchtime which made me go for big poo,s but never seemed to make me feel like i was empty and fully unconstipated. on Thursday lunch time i got a telephone appointment with a doctor and she prescribed me movicol which i have been using from Thursday on wards same thing i am going for poo,s feeling less constipated but never feeling empty. day by day i seem to be getting a little less constipated all round but still feel generaly a little constipated. im 15 and the doc prescribed me movicol 6.9g sachets but it was recommend for 5-11 year olds so i went from taking 2 to 4 sachets a day which is equalivent to taking 2 adult saches a day. should i be worried as its saturday so about 5 days since i started feeling constipated or will the movicol just work in the next few days and flush me out? it crossed my mind i could have faecal impaction but i show no symptoms of it and have been pooing although i am taking laxatives but just not as many as the high dosage required to treat faecal impaction.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you drinking plenty of water and on a high fibre diet ? A couple of oranges a day often help.

• Posted

i am drinking about 2l water a day and eating apples,bananas,raisins and prunes. For main meals i am eating things like chicken and rice and fibre cereal for breakfast.

• Posted

You are doing the right things but try a couple of oranges if you can fit them in

• Posted

Ok as was getting worried as it says movicol can take 2 days to work and i have been going for 3 days

• Posted

Rice...

Brown rice is a whole-grain rice with the inedible outer hull removed. This is as compared with white rice, which is the same grain, also with hull removed, but also with the bran layer and cereal germ removed. Red rice, gold rice, and black rice are all whole rices, but with differently pigmented outer layers.

I used to put bran on my cereal for extra fibre.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.