consultant advice needed please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there - anyone in the London region here please who can recommend a hospital/surgeon? I'm looking towards a hysterectomy as I'm pretty much done with my troublesome uterus and will be going privately to avoid the very long waiting lists locally. I really have no idea where to go or who to see and its stressing me out hugely as there is just so much info out there to plough through and I cant afford to make a mistake with this. Any help gratefully received, thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I live in London, unfortunately I don’t know any good consultants private in London from experience only internet search. I went private but abroad,  if is something that you are willing to take in consideration, happy to give you the email of the doctor. My advise is to ask your GP see if they can recommend any private. Hopefully some ladies here will give you a name. Otherwise based on your finance,check Great  Portland Hospital or London clinic. Some clinics/ doctors are charging more than others. Harley Street as well and Princess Grace hospital. Also I have heard that you can see a private doctor for consultation then you can ask for them on nhs. Good luck, hopefully it won’t take you long. 
  • Posted

Hi there,

Not from London however have been to London re fibroids, I went to see Dr S Quinn, in St Mary's Praed Street, however he's not private & I didn't go to see him about a hysterectomy though that's one of the options he recommended. I have read on here about a Dr in London called Dr Isaac Mayonda & I'm sure he was on the daily mails "top 10" list. Google it/him. I think he may practise nhs as well as private but he definitely practises privately as I had a price from his secretary a while ago & remember thinking how reasonable it was. It was the anaesthetist's costs which were if I remember correctly more! As I don't know anything other than what I've said here, which is not a recommendation at all, I'd recommend to research maybe start a conversation on here asking "Has anyone had surgery from Prof Issac Mayonda" As I know I have seen him mentioned on here. Hysterectomy is cheaper than Myomectomy (I priced both) the procedure is quicker, but google him, ask on here & maybe ring his secretary. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Have you find a doctor yet?
    • Posted

I havent yet. its a minefield, there is just so much to research and its so hard to find personal recommendation anywhere. so stressed :-(

• Posted

I have just come home from a UAE procedure at St Marys. I was referred to the fibroid clinic run by Dr Quinn by gynaecologist at my local hospital West Middlesex University Hospital. I had already researched about various procedures but decided UAE was for me although gynae kept pushing for hysterectomy. Was referred to interventional radiologists dept headed by Dr Hamidi who I believe does undertake private patients. Anyway had the UAE yesterday which went well but the pain experiencing today is quite unbearable (more like labour pains). Recovery times does vary but as far as I'm aware it's not as much as a hysterectomy. Lots of less invasive treatments out there may be worth looking into this before deciding on hysterectomy. Good luck

• Posted

I had a 10/11 hour journey to see DR Quinn at the fibroid clinic though he said I couldn't have a UFE & should have a hysterectomy! I was quite disappointed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.