Consultant for tailbone problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m about to see my Gp soon about my tailbone discomfort and also a follow up appointment with a gynaecologist for my prolapses.  

Which consultant would I be refered to for tailbone problems as it’s only recently dawned on me that the rear end problem i suffer with is likely the tailbone hurting when sitting especially.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When my internal deep stitches started to heal my tailbone pain came back and it felt like I had to poop. It went away after a couple days. You are usually under observation for a whole year... It’s take a year for your body to feel internally but that’s what the doctor don’t tell you.....It’s still tender and I have an internal anal itch but it’s healing.. I had a boil on my vulva and inner thigh. Because bacteria is still escaping from my body but it’s all in the healing process..... 

• Posted

Just on prolapse surgery.... it is best to be referred to a urogynaecologist. 
  • Posted

Urogynacologist only hun. They are the guys to see for any pelvic floor issues.

Such an emotional rollercoaster theses prolapses.

I'm 13 wks tvh and anterior repair and I am aware of vagina everyday.. I pray it will leave me soon.. All is normal at my check up but I will be going back may14 th to have another check. This time in going to point out in real time where and what I feel.

The way I describe it is at the very entrance to front entrance I feel near urethra spongy area below seems low.. If I sit I can sometimes feel like a cotton bud moves up.. But I have been told no prolapse..Anyone she'd some light on this feeling .. I send you hugs my friendxx

• Posted

Sorry for pinching your thread.I just realised😏

I'm here if you want a chatx

• Posted

Pain clinic, you need an xray or a scan, it could be because youve been sitting leaning back instead of upright to take pressure off your pelvic floor. Sometimes you can do that for a white and the coccyx is sort of bends forwards, and will protest a bit by aching at the very bottom of your spine. Sit more upright if you can. I know I sit leaning back to stop pressure on my perineum and it gives me awful low backache. It can tilt your coccyx and thats not good.
  • Posted

Hi Taff, 

I have been diagnosed with ODS (obstructive Defeacation Syndrome) which in a nut shell means I have a rectal prolapse which is a Internal rectal intussusception, that also means it brings with it a whole load of other weird symptoms, including a very sensitive and painful tail bone sad.  I have come to realize that the pelvic muscle is a very powerful and complex part of our body.  And the tailbone is very close to the rectal area, and if things are not right there the tailbone does unfortunately end up suffering because of it.  I suffer with very bad tailbone pain, to the degree of not being able to sit or stand because of it.  It is unfortunately not the only pain you get from it, which is very confusing and at first you don't really connect the dots that it could be because of a prolapse, but it does. sad

I also unfortunately have  mucosal prolapse sad which is no fun! And I have a Rectocoele which is caused by the Internal rectal intussusception.  I have had several tests done of which one was a MRI defeacation scan, and now I am waiting on a specialized meeting that is said to take place today with regards to my case with a group of pelvic surgeons, and I really hope that I will hear back from them soon as my life is hell because of this, I have lost to much weight because our bodies work on the assumption that what ever goes in must come out, and the out part is where I have a huge problem!!

So yeah, pain in and around your pelvis is and can be due to the prolapse, as basically things are not in the right place which then places pressure on other parts of the body, it has a knock on effect. And there is not allot of room in that area so if something is out of place or have folded up on itself, it uses up more room than it should.

I hope that you get some resolution with your doctors appointments.  I have done several hours of research about my symptoms and I am now very clued up about what I have and what is causes sad

Take care

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.