consultant update

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi every1 hope your all well .

I was at my consultant yesterday i do have a 8cm dermoid cyst on my left ovary which is Benign smile

My consultant was saying hes wanting to do keyhole surgery so plans are for hoping 6weeks

My mum had ovarian cancer x died at 43years old which was hard at just a young age i'm also 43 years old therefore hes wanting to take both ovaries away with my consent i must say as its only 1 ovary damaged i am getting op which is called Oophorectomy which just means both ovaries x keeping my womb will have to go on HRT which i'm not sure of up untill i'm 50years old x then other plans heres hoping everythn will be ok

X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 37 this month and have a dermoid cyst on my left ovary ..having it removed on the 20th of April ..also looking for endometriosis I have 3 kids so really hoping that they decide to get everything out .. hope you don't have to wait to long
    • Posted

Hi amy so ur gettn both ovaries also out?

How long did u have to wait for Op?

Aww thanks hope everythn goes ok for you aswell x

• Posted

Wont know what's done till after but definitely having the dermoid removed ..found out at my app 12th of march that it's 20th of April so not long
  • Posted

Hi. I'm also 43 and last January had a hysterectomy, due to heavy bleeding.  Ovaries were left intact.  Unfortunately last March i developed a cyst on each ovary. But was told that they should just go.  Had scan at the end of August and was told that I needed to have an urgent op to remove the cyst and ovary as it was suspicious.  Had to have another full laparotomy,  because they were unsure. To cut a long t

story short though chose to have both ovaries removed as didn't want to risk another op. Cyst was a benign mucinous cystedenoma.  Huge relief.  Been on hrt since September. Went on it 2 days after the op.  I have been fine, get a little weepy sometimes, and went through a stage of going off certain foods that I always liked before which is a bit strange.  I hope all goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery x

• Posted

Hi joanne thanks for the reply

This is what i says to consultant to want to be going back in another years time with other ovary so plz take both

You have been through alot then but ur sounding like your recovering now with ur hrt x stuff

Aww thankyou x hope your well x

• Posted

hi, I'm 22... when I was 16, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries... they've gotten worse over the worse even with most medication they could prescribe me.

its gotten to the point now they have basically destroyed my ovaries... I have a gyno appointment on the 11th to discuss further options...

but by what doctors have already told me its looking like surgery to remove my ovaries..

anyone been through this before?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.