consultation about Verruca Plantaris

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from them since 2007. I have been treated with any possible treatment. salicylic acid , Verrumal,  ,duct tape,  cryotherapy , Laser Dye ,   Imiquimod ,and  every traditional treatment .

Now they cover half of one foot, the heel of the other, and beneath the nail of a finger in my hand. They are growing very fast and expanding.

Last week I went to another consultation, and the doctor I saw told me to try again duct tape, and do the Gardasil  vaccine, eventhough it doesn't apply on the hpv types that are responsible of Verruca plantaris, he thought that might make my imune system a better one.  (I'm 57 and healthy in general).

Do you think this might help? I'm searching to see if there is such a research and read about it...The vaccine is expensive, has side effects, and is generally recommended up to 45.

I also read lately that taking the dietary supplement  - diindolylmethane (BioResponse DIM) may help.  Has anybody got a good experience with that for plantar warts?  I'm not sure what dose to take. I read that 6 mg per kilo should do it, but in other places I read that it's better not take more than 200 or 400 mgs.

Does anybody have any advice for me?

Thanks, Alma

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had warts on her face which were spreading and growing very big. It was very distressing for her and we tried everything. By chance she was given trimethoprim antibiotics for a urine infection and they started to disappear within days. After a week they were all gone ( she had about 40 warts and a few veruccas) the doctor couldnt explain it as antibiotics are not meant to treat the wart virus. I have read of another person this has worked for and my doctor was going to trial it with other sufferers. I dont know how easy it would be to get a prescription for this antibiotic but its worth a try. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi Anna,

GARDASIL is a human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine that helps protect against 4 types of HPV. It is especially helpfull to prevent  cervical cancer.

The 4 types of HPV it fights against are different from those that cause plantar or common warts. It has nothing to do with antibiotics.  Thanks anyway for sharing your experience.It is given up to age 45  (and I'm much older) . I wondered maybe someone could lead me to a research about the influence of this vaccine for plantar warts. I have found nothing to read.

• Posted

Hi,

I wanted to know if you ever got the Gardisil vaccine?

I too am experiencing a major increase of hand and foot warts. I got them 7 years ago and they have gotten worse lately. I've tried everything, I mean everything. Dr's don't seem to care and I'm left depressed and feel hopeless. A dr suggested Gardisil off label, but at $240 EACH dose, who can afford it?!?

Not to mention, I've read terrible things especially in women about permanent side effects. The vaccine also contains double the aluminum, which is very toxic. I'm a 44 year old woman who is super healthy, exercises 7x a week and eats an all organic diet and cannot figure out why my immune system won't rid me of this horrible nasty virus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.