Continual discomfort.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have had a problem with continual discomfort for some 10 weeks now, this came on very quickly, I have been diagnosed with BPH, and currently am taking Tamulosin, and after some 7 weeks am not finding any appreciable difference in my symptoms.

Is it a question of being patient or should I consider a change of meds.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should consider talking to your doctor.
    • Posted

Thanks Dave, I should have mentioned that I have had a PSA test which was found to be normal.  It was just that there seem to be differing ideas as to how long it takes for Tamsulosin to have any effect, some say 2/3 days, some say 2/3 weeks, others say 2/3 months.

I will be talking to my Doctor next week in any event.

Regards.

• Posted

Jeff. I agree with Dave. I found that Tamulosin was working after about 7 days.  I have had no pain associated with taking it.  Talk to your GP seems advisable.
    • Posted

Thanks Alan for your input, I thought there should be some ease by now, obviously different meds work on different people,  I will be speaking to my Doctor on Thursday this will make it 8 weeks then.

Regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.