Continuing face and head sweats with no help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past three years I have suffered with the horribly uncomfortable effects of facial & cranial hyperhidrosis . . . a condition that came from nowhere.  To top that off, I live in Arizona, but it isn't just our heat that causes the sweating--its everything.  Like others, my hair gets to look like I just showered, and makeup is ridiculous to apply.  I just called Mayo Clinic, but they are closed to Medicare patients.  I've tried a gynecologist, endocrinologist,, dermatologist and neurologist to no avail.  I don't know what else to do!  No one has recommended any medications or treatments.  Also I have an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's Disease, so I have extreme dry eye, mouth, etc.  Any suggestions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask your Doctor about a new drug for Hyperhydrosis called PROBANTHINE...it has reduced my sweating dramatically!!!!...google it!
    • Posted

Thanks so much! Have an appointment with new dermatologist in 2 weeks. Will ask him. 
    • Posted

I saw my uk dermatologist a few weeks ago. I suffered badly from excessive sweating mainly on my face, back and on my armpits. To make matters worse I have dermatitis in these areas so the sweat inflamed my skin (just like splashing my skin with salt water ...uurgh!)..Anyway I have been put on PROBANTHINE and things seem to have improved ..best of luck..i know excessive sweating is a curse..especially with all the showers and extra clothes washing!!!
    • Posted

Hopefully I'll be able to try it. Will depend on all my other mess. Thanks. So happy it's working for you!

• Posted

Ugh! I live in Las Vegas so I understand! I cannot do anything about this excessive sweating on my face and head. It's been about twelve years and is getting progressively worse. I've tried EVERYTHING!!! Doctors tried to tell me that I was peri menopausal, but my hormones tested otherwise. 

I really didn't think that anyone else dealt with this condition. I can't even get into my car and start driving without my head heating up, resulting in me looking like I'm having a heart attack. My cheeks turn cherry red. It's so embarrassing sad. I can't do anything with my friends and family without 'cooling off' for the majority of the time. Dating is out of the question at this point. I feel helpless. I'm so happy to have found this forum. lol

• Posted

I'm on a med called Robinul & it helps! My head sweats are much fewer. Doc said if I tolerate med ok, might start 2 per day. Only problem is extreme constipation exacerbated by also taking OxyContin for chronic back issues.

Robinul has a generic that my insurance didn't cover, but I got an upgraded Sam's Club membership which discounted the pill for about $13 for 30. They've certainly worth trying. I only had 1 hot-head episode & my hair wasn't soaked!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.