Continuing symptoms of af

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with A:F earlier this year and my dosage of bisoloprol has been 2.5mg per day for the last 4 months.  I am still having a number of episodes but not lasting as long as .before My GP has not asked me to come back for any check ups and I hate to bother them in case I am becoming obsessed with my heart rate  - should I be having symptoms still?  GP told me to go to A&E if it becomes excessive - but what is excessive?  My heart doesnt race it misses beats - vey uncomfortable. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hello Sylestet13  hope you are feeling better today it would be advisable for you to see a Dr at A@E if you feel that you need to .you are the one who knows how you feel also its going to be the Christmas holidays soon l was also in your situation 3 years ago and had to have abiventricular pace maker fitted because of the time it took to see the correct consultant . Do not feel you are being obsessed go to the hospital and tell them jow you feel  all the best M.
  • Posted

    Hi, I have suffered with this for years on and off and I am now on arrythmia meds and blood thinners. I am waiting to see a physiolgist at the arrythmia clinic. The palpitations are uncomfortable as you say. Perhaps your Dr can give you other meds if the bisoprolol are not working. 

    Hope you sort it out soon.  

  • Posted

    Hi, I was on the same medication and dosage. Likewise symptoms continued. Consultant put me onto Flecanide 100mg twice daily. Symptom free now for 7 months.

    GP said he couldn't prescribe Flecanide it had to be done via Consultant.

    hope you get sorted 

    • Posted

      Hi, you are right about your Dr can't give you flecanide, the consultant put me on this, and it is better than the bisoprolol which gave me shortness of breath.
  • Posted

    Missing beats is probably ectopic heartbeat. I was told that this was not serious but to me any heart problem is potentially serious. As your GP is not taking responsibility for treating your condition get him to refer you to your hospital cardiac unit.

    Referring you to A&E is a cop-out and doesn't say much about your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.