Continuous 24/7 headache for 2 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I have had a headache 24/7 since 2 years ago. My symptoms are feeling mild pain and tightness around my head and I feel more tightness when I'm doing some particular activities like working in front of computer screen or watching movie in the theater. I have seen so many docs and taken many drugs, but the headache never goes away. Painkillers like NSAIDs never worked and I'm currently just only taking some preventive meds like Amitriptyline and Fluoxetine. Just want to know anyone else has the same or similar symptoms like me and how you get treated. I'm curious that I have the NDPH.

Thanks for the comments.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

My wife has experienced 24/7 headaches since 2007. Pain has escalated to a level 8. When it bounces to 9 we head to the OR. The OR has used a drug cocktail to reduce the pain over several hours that takes the pain down to a 6 or 7, which is tolerable for her. I have read about a number of instances such as hers and yours. I have NEVER read of even ONE treatment that has worked for this issue. I will tell you that if we ever do find a solution I will be on every bulletin board on the internet proclaiming the news and successful treatment method and hope that others will do the same. We have tried many pain practioners, neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists and physical therapy, but the only thing that takes the pain down to a manageable level is Tramadol. Of course opiod derivatives such as Hydro and Oxy codone are more effective, but we find no doctor that will continuously prescribe them. We have been actively seeking a solution since 2011. I sincerely hope that you find a solution and when you do, that you will publish results every where that you can in order to help others with this malady.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.