Continuous birth control for endometriosis? Endo on the liver?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I seen my doctor last week, and he (unofficially) diagnosed me with endometriosis. Although he has not yet performed a laparoscopy to confirm this, he is pretty confident its endo. He based this off my symptoms and the fact that every woman in my family has had endo. Additionally, all trans vaginal ultra sounds of my ovaries have come back normal.

I have a few questions, and was hoping at least some people would be familiar with this.

First, my doctor and I decided that its best to try continuous birth control since I am only having my worst symptoms on my period. I am on Desogen (pill). Has anyone used continuous birth control to help suppress their endo? Did it work or did the endo eventually get worse?

Secondly, has anyone ever had endo on their liver? I have an unknown mass on my liver that doctors cannot figure out. My sister had endo on her liver, so I am worried I might be in a similar situation.

Thanks everyone!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi love. Sorry to hear this. I've had endo for 6 years now I'm only 26 it's been a nightmare, I've been every birth control possible. They say the coil is best but I didn't like it just felt uncomfortable. I was on the injection pill as this was one my periods didn't show as on every other didn't work. But after been on it so long I did eventually start coming on so i had to go back and now on the pro strap that is putting me through the menopause temp. My endo is not on my liver it's everywhere else but on my liver it's horrible with it so if you ever need a chat I'm on here. I found myself with no one to speak to and building it upside for years it's only when I've come on here recently that I've managed to open up more and speaking to others and knowing I'm not alone as helped x

• Posted

Hey,

So sorry to hear that you have been dealing with this for so long. Thank you for sharing your story and for offering your support. I extend the same to you!

• Posted

I have been taking Birth control to help with my endo. I was suspected to have endo since i was in high school and it has just now stopped working as much on the pain. I haven't tried other medications yet for it but I find ibuprofen and midol help with the pain some not always but it does give a little relief. 

• Posted

So the birth control only helped for a little while? I keep hearing from other women that the birth control can only help for so long. That's so disappointing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.