Continuous Flare-up but could it be colon cancer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My wife has been diagnosed with Diverticulitis disease after a colonoscopy some years ago, however the flare-ups are getting worse as are her pains which seem to be almost continuous now and is having to take pain killers regularly

She has a colonoscopy again soon but is worried that she has a more serious disease of colonic cancer and is extremely worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

We all worry we have cancer. I have not read about anyone having DD symptoms and ending up with cancer. I hope your wife followed all the diet and stool softening advice as it really helps. I hope by now she is feeling a lot better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.