Continuous pain at a specific point on the top left side of my brain/head like a knife is stuck in

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a sharp continuous pain at a specific point on the top left side of my brain. It feels like a wound below the skull or like a knife is stuck in! I have had the pain for more than 15 years. To date more than six MRI scans have been taken of my brain and no problem has been identified. I have seen three neurosurgeons and four neurologists in the past five years without any luck. The pain is there all the time, but varies in intensity. It gets worse when I am emotionally down. It causes me to yawn a lot. One neurosurgeon suspected that some nerves in the neck area were compressed and went on to do surgery to free the nerves. Unfortunately the problem was not solved. I have not read about any head pain similar to mine. I have reached a point of total hopelessness: I do not know where to go or what to do!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I too have similar sharp, cells tearing, piercing, throbbing, pressing tension pain originating at the junction of nose and right eye brow meets. It spreads to foreahead. Its constant all day long excruciating pain intensifies from mid morning as day progress till I go to sleep. Its constant from past two years. Its stops when pressed with finger at the spot and comes back immediately after stop pressing. MRI Sinus check, everything came back normal. No medication helped. I can understand what you going thru as I feel same hopelessness and dont know where to go or what to do.

• Posted

Hello. Just came across your post and I'm curious if you got any help. I have the same pain in same area as yours. Did a brain scan and it was clear. I have no idea what is causing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.