Continuous wet ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had 1st mastoidectomy in 2011 which went well, then the Cholesteatoma returned in 2014 and had a 2nd mastoidectomy. During the 2nd surgery they removed a portion of my ear canal so they could look into the Mastoid with a scope rather than having to wait for weeks at a time for a CT Scan. I have had pretty much constant wetness and discharge from the ear ever since. If I sleep on that side my pillow can be stained, if I bend over for too long I can feel my ear fill up. I have been given a spray to use as have been told it's infections, I keep the ear dry in the shower etc but now nothing seems to do anything to stop the wetness / discharge. 

Starting to get me down as my tinnitus is also getting worse and have been given a hearing aid to help the symptoms but can't wear it as my ear is always wet.  

Anyone had this or have any tips? 

Was told to place a loose fitting cotton wool ball at night to stop the leaking on the pillow but would like to know how to stop the discharge, if possible of course. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mixture of one tablespoon of boric acid to one bottle of isopryc alcohol. Four drops at night and put cotton ball in. Also you need to use Flonase everyday. I had the wet ear for almost ten years. This cured it. It will take 2 weeks for it to work. So be hopeful 
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply and info, I will look into that for sure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.