Contraception

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi wondering if anyone can give me on advice on best methods of contraception apart from the pill and condoms.  Thanks xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi when i came off the pill after 16 years i had the copper coil fitted after giving birth the only problem was for 7 days a month very heavy periods.When i had it removed because of its age 10 yrs old, i opted for the Marina coil,Very hit and miss at first ie spotting all the time,it took 4 months to settle  after that a period about every 4 months there is odd things the hormone does to your body its worth a try,if you have not give birth it may hurt having it fitted take pain killers before you go.I searched for anything other than the pill not much choice good luck julie.
  • Posted

I haven't had any kids yet so not sure how It would effect me.  What about the injection???
  • Posted

Hey, my recommendation goes to the Neplaxanon implant. You hear a lot of horror stories about its side effects, but when it goes right, it's absolutely perfect - 100% protected against pregnancy, no periods, no weight gain, and you don't need to think about it for 3 years. Like all contraception you just need to give it a go and see what's right for you. Good luck.  
  • Posted

Do not get the injection as it has serious side effects like massive weight gain I used it and put on 4 stone it also gives you depression
  • Posted

Hi everyday pills and condoms are the most used methods of contraception. Other than these you can also choose female sterilisation methods. And, if your partner agrees, you can also choose Vasectomy, which is a birth control method used in males.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.