Contraception problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been on the implant for a couple of months now. As I had a new one put in. The last one I had to have the pill alongside to stop the bleeding. And it’s happening again with this implant. Except the pill is no longer working and still causes bleeding.

I suffer really bad with pain too. I can’t take ibeprofin so paracetamol is my only option. Is anyone else in the same boat? If so what do I do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What you were bleeding on the nexplanon and had to have bc help omg poor you. Im sorry. I had the nexplanon. Didnt get a period for a year started getting them a year later but even so they werent bad just a pot here and there and on August i had the period of hell start. 21 day period. Sept late period. Had sex on my period gross im.sorry it stopped but began again 3 days later. Had a pap. Normal. Bled 5 days after pap. Bled another 6 days on the 12th( the regular time im on my period) spotted on the 28th. So i got it removed changed to sprintec. Which was making it only worse. It made me discharge nasty brown stuff and my period just wouldn't stop. So she put me on the depo. And jt stopped havent had a period since Nov 24th but i don't want to be on bc anymore. I dont have a bf anymore and i dont get down and dirty with anyone unless im serious about them(i was going to marry this guy but he turned out gay). The thing about implant if it causes you to bleed the first time its going to cause you to bleed the second as well. My friend gets spotting everyday with the nexplanon still gets spotting with her new one. Its just not the birth control for you so you might need to try anothe one. Did you get one for birth control or to control your bleeding? I got it to control my bleeding because after i had my baby my period wouldnt stop i was going anemic and since i was only 18 they refused to do any procedures. But if it happens again i might as well because i hate birth control i think of suicide a lot because of it.

• Posted

Omg, yeah it’s a nightmare. I don’t know what to do. I got the pill to stop the bleeding and implant was birth control. 
    • Posted

I would go natural again it may take your body to adjust but personally i wouldn't get on bc again. But thats my choice. But theres other kinds. Ask them to test your estrogen if you need more prostegone could be why your bleeding

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.