contraceptive implant

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had the implant fitted for 5 months and constantly bled.. Had any one else experienced this xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i would get this looked into i had implant put in december not had any. i would be going mad if that was me as would be fed up with it. you must be real fed up with it.
    • Posted

I know, I am at the end of my teather... When I fitted they did say you could bleed for a long time tine up to 6months ad the hormones can take that long to settle, I just didnt know if any one had the same experience and the the bleeding went... Only another month to go then having it out!!
    • Posted

can understand how u feel not good, only peoblem i have with mine is about four days every month i get real depressed an weepy but fine otherwise cant you get it taken out sooner if u not happy with
  • Posted

I have had an implant fitted last year and took it out after 8 months. For the first three months I was non stop bleeding, then a doctor gave me pills to regulate my periods - it worked, but what was the point of having an implant if I still have to take pills? My emotional state was a disaster and I couldnt take my random mood swings anymore (it wasnt like that before), so I decided that my body rejected the implant and life got so much better after I took it out!!

If after six months you are still bleeding like crazy and have other bad side effects it means the implant is not for you, dont suffer - take it out smile

• Posted

Yes, I am taking it out next week just need to make ab appointment as nothing has changed thanks for the info xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.