Contraceptive implant

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, so previously I asked about this and what I was (and still am) experiencing, I had the contraceptive implant places over three weeks ago and have ever since been on my period, I’m thinking about getting it removed and trying a different form of contraception because this has made me really ill over the pass few weeks, I have no energy, tired and drowsy and have been sick multiple  times with awful pain, (I’m not sure, this was my parents idea but, this could be due to inherited anemia, a side effects that my mother had when on her cycle before getting the implant- which was successful in her case.) However, I was looking into the injection (depo?) would it be likely that I would react the same or is it completely different because I can’t find anything online, and if this is the case if I had the same side effects could I use the pill with it? I’m completely lost as no one else which I know has had any of these or similar experiences, any thoughts or ideas would be highly appreciated, thank you smilexx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.