Contraceptive nightmare ... desperately need help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! I am SO SO hoping someone has had this experience as I’m at my end with it and doctors can’t even help me now ..

I went on Northisterone for 3 months only last summer, I was fine on it until about the 3 month mark where I developed severe black cloud head/depression/fatigue .. it was awful and I couldn’t function!!

I came off it and within 2 months I’ve developed what seems like a IBS/Chron’s condition .. horrendous diraeahh, weight loss, cramping, stomach emptying so rapidly !! It was awful .. After Christmas being ruined last year and despite doctors saying ‘it’s your hormones coming back to normal and your digestive system is over sensitive to it - it will settle’ I just couldn’t cope with it .. it’s like the northisterone supressed my normal hormonal cycle and when I’m off it my body simply cannot cope with my normal hormones coming back so it creates havoc !! 

They have tried me on Cerezzte to see if that helps with the chronic digestive inflammation as well as NOT making me depressed ..I’m only a week in so too early to tell.  

Is there anyone here that had similar horrible side effects from coming OFF a pill?? I’m so depressed and upset because I all I want ideally is to not be on these horrible pills and my body cope with normal hormonal functioning! But I’m so devastated that I’ve can’t and the side effects cripple me daily.. 

I would love to hear help/feedback to anyone who has combated this. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.