Contraceptive pill and insomnia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone found that which contraceptive pill you are on effects your insomnia? Does anyone have any suggestions of ones which effect their sleep less than others? I find I definitely have a pattern of my sleep getting worse as I get down to the last few days of my pill packet before taking a break.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. It can be difficult to 'pinpoint' a particular pill that would ease insomnia as they are all different & everybody reacts differently. It is often 'trial & error with the pill. I cant say for sure of course but the odds are it's just your general hormones that are causing your insomnia as this is a very common problem in menopausal women. (trust me i know). I don't know how old you are so i'm not saying you're in the menopausal phase but if it's affecting your sleep maybe talk with your doctor about switching to another pill. But if it's only affecting you for a few days in the month it may not be a big problem. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.