Contrast concerns

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an MRI with contrast scheduled for Monday. I've been having a numbness in my head once in a while and one day it shot down my left arm and leg. So I went to the ER to get checked out. They did blood work, an EKG and I got a Cat Scan. Everything came back fine. But they still wanted me to do an MRI with contrast just to be safe. I have avoided contrast all my life but had to have it done late this Spring when I had sever pain and bloating in my intestinal area. They did a scan of my abdominal area and I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis. I begged the Doctor not use contrast but she said it had to be done. I was in so much pain as is, I didn't even notice it was being administered. I had to have another scan 4 weeks later as a follow-up. This time, my heart started beating really fast right after they injected me with the contrast. Not one of the side effects listed anywhere online. So I assume it was just nerves. But I'm still nervous to have it done again. Since I didn't have any serious side effects the first two times, I assume I'll be o.k. Does anyone else have concerns about contrast?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I did and it's nearly cost me my life as I knew it. Read up on what they will be injecting before you make up your mind.

• Posted

Can you please elaborate. Why did it nearly cost you your life? What happened?

• Posted

have you recovered from the adverse affects of your ct scan?

• Posted

I think you should take it as it comes, it should become easier to do once done once. The first time i donated blood i was extremely nervous but after doing it once it became easier second and third time around. I wish you all the best, you have to think of good things that will happen from doing it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.