convinced i have a brain tumor

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 15 year old boy. I have had head pressure for 5 weeks 24/7. 3 weeks after the headaches started I was vomiting and had nausea for a whole week, and a loss of appetite. I also feel really brain fogged and I am constantly drowsy and i'm barely able to stay awake in class. Before I thought I had a brain tumor I thought I had about 15 different cancers before in the span of a month. It all started with my nurse saying I could have hpv and that it could lead to cancer. That led me into constant panic. First I thought I had penile cancer, then lymphoma, non hogdkins lymphoma, leuakemia, stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, bladder cancer, pelvic cancer, spinal cancer and now here I am today and I am convinced I have a brain tumor. I have always had severe anxiety for most of my life, and I do have OCD and generalized anxiety. So my question is, do I have a brain tumor, or is this just anxiety?! 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if it's a brain tumor..  I would go to your doctor, let them know your symtoms and do some testing.  Best of luck.

• Posted

I have gone to the doctors... they referred me to a psychologist and they all said that it's anxiety. Do you think the odds are in my favor? After all, I have convinced myself that I had 10 different cancers this past month...

• Posted

There a few different thoes of migraine and headache, have you been examined and asked about cluster headaches or chronic daily headache? Did the headaches start after you changed something in your diet? Or after something traumatic happened?

i know about being parsnoid when it comes to illnesses, i had random tremors, fatigue and was so weak i was dropping things and couldnt open jars, turn keys in the lock etc, i though i was having the start of motor neurons, when in fact i was anaemic amongst having low levels folate and b12. Its a scary place to be so i feel for you. Look for the simple answers first, diet, lifestyle, genetics and take it from there.

• Posted

All this is down to your anxiety.  If you have had the tests and your psychologist is seeing you regularly then lean on them for support.  It is quite normal to feel that there is something serious wrong with you when you are feeling really bad and as you start to improve then you will start to settle and hopefully the psychologist can help you with that side.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.