Convinced myself i have a disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started 4 weeks ago, i made one mistake and went for a routine sti screening i was fine until the nurse said about a hiv test my whole world crumbled beneath me i started to panic couldnt breath i left the doctors googling every symptom of hiv diffrent tests i convinced myself i had this disease and im going to die since then its hit me very bad even with negative test results i convinced myself i had this, its ruined my life health anxiety iv been back and fourth to the hospital with symptoms of anxiety i just dont no what to do where to turn i done another hiv blood test 2 days ago waiting on results its scary dread doom fear cant sleep eat focus or even want to get close to anyone... would love someone to talk to who also is going threw a similar situation... i no i havent got hiv but my brain convinced me i did and im suffing so bad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kelly

All I can suggest is you get your blood test and get get that double negative.

There is nothing you can do at this time, if you need support you know where to come.

Good Luck, Keep a Hold

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for replying i had another blood test 2 days ago just waiting on results now iv convinced myself threw googling symptoms ect
  • Posted

About 6 weeks ago I had a HIV scare and my anxiety went through the roof and like you I spent every second on google finding out what the symptoms were and I was absolutely certain I had it, but then the test results came back negative and I felt like a weight had been lifted and now I've just kind of forgot it even happened. Testing for HIV is just standard procedure even though it's scary to think you need to get tested for it, it's just another test like chlamydia or whatever, I can promise you that these next test results will be negative and you can relax knowing you definitely do not have it because the test isn't lying, if it says you don't have it, then you don't have it. You need to reassure yourself rather than looking to google for reassure because you're just feeding the anxiety and you end up in a vicious cycle of googling and increasing the anxiety (I know it's easier said than done) Just keep telling yourself that HIV is not easily spread and worrying about it will not change anything, all you can do is wait. I understand you'll be on edge until you get your results but once they come back negative please just try and accept that you don't have it and stay safe xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much its such a relief because i felt like i was going threw this alone and evidently i am not... its the worst time battling anxiety iv kept off google now for 3 days as i think i no every process of hiv its got that bad... thank you so much tho its a relief to no theres others out there who are experiencing this... and this has scared me for life i will always be safe and always think ahead from now x
    • Posted

You're welcome, you'll be fine in a few days, well done for staying off google I know it's so hard when anxiety takes over! You're better off asking your doctor/sexual health advisor about things because I found that half the stuff I read on Google was a lot more exaggerated than what the doctor told me and really put my mind at ease knowing it's not as bad as it seems X

• Posted

Yeah iv kept away from google this is how my anxiety started threw google because i convinces myself with symptoms that i had this... just gonna stay focused try not to let this lead my life and take back control and help myself before i end up having a break down over it all because thats how i felt yesterday thanks tho hun for reassuring me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.