convinced of BT

Posted , 2 users are following.

in addition to many other posts, for the past 8 months I have been convinced I have a brain tumor. the only medical evidence against this was normal pupil dilation, and no papilladema, and normal blood results. im too scared to get an MRI because i know I'm dying why live my last months in misery. im in college and no one would know i was experiencing these things. recent symptoms that are furthering the convincing are:

-burning like scalp sensation on right side of head

- i constantly have random memories pop into my head. not flashbacks or auras just memories of random irrelevant things that happened many years ago.

diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder, moderate/severe c1/c2 vertebrate problems, OCD. could this be psychosomatic/ neuropathy/ anxiety or do any of these sound like real BT symptoms. i really dont want to die and I feel an apathy towards things- like why should i study for finals if im going to die? i doubt ill see my 21st birthday and I just hope this diagnosis comes after the holidays so it doesnt ruin everything for my family. someone please help. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sam it's the same answer as last time from me I'm afraid you need to see your GP. Nobody can diagnose you on here. I understand you are going through a tough time but please see your GP. Best wishes
  • Posted

Awww Samantha I know exactly what you are going through.....a few years back I thought the same thing....woke up with headaches went to bed with headaches dizzy spells floating stars etc I too was scared to go for a mri coz I knew in my head I had a tumour it's only one day I went and their was nothing was told I suffered from cluster headaches ....but go see your gp hun yell him what's going on....I too suffer from health anxiety and I have diagnosed myself with all sorts of illnesses right now I'm frightened that I could have cervical cancer as I had borderline changes and hpv detected on smear results I have to go for a coloscopy next week and I'm sitting myself. ..however I've been told it's not serious but because of how I am I'm still convinced I have cancer.....please get help it's not a good thing to go through as I too am going through it I've put my life on hold haven't even put my Christmas tree up yet coz Im thinking the worst

Go see your gp and have a talk with them it's worth it

• Posted

thank you, right now this is a brand new thng i have this weird burnign type of sensation on the back side of my head that im terrified is attributed to a BT. just started today. idk what it is. not a headache feels like superficial? 
  • Posted

Have you had a eye test?
    • Posted

at the very end of july optic nerve / disc was checked and found to be normal. dilation was tested about a month ago, normal. eye movement is normal but my eyes are shaped differently (astigmatism)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.