convinced on have bowel cancer before results.

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am a 39 year old male. all of a sudden about 5 weeks ago I had a pain which i thought was a belly button infection. since then things just esculated. total constipation. burping . tummy bubbling, especially when lying down. went to docs who gave me laxido. done bloods and pooh test and is arranging colonoscopy. now can pooh with laxido but normally mushy or stringy. seems to be getting worse. sometimes belly button pain when I bend. thinking I'm looking weight due to it but a but confused I have just started knight shift so diet all over place and job quiet phtsical. trying to eat more to compensate but down a few pounds on normal. sometimes feel sick. not beenbto gym or ran sinve first pain. now I am normally a rational person but at the moment all i can picture is a negative diagnosis and prognosis. no blood in pooh or tiredness the now just waiting for it every time i go to the toilet. having trouble sleeping. constantly thinking of this. been on every web sight possable and to be honest it don t look good. bloods due today and trying to put off calling for results!!!

what's a state I got myself in! God knows how i will manage to go to colonoscopy! thanks for listening.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

phoned for bloods. returned normal. so some temporary relief.
  • Posted

beefy-suggest you don't look at websites -they will make you imagine you have every symptom-

Do you have a date for the colonoscopy ?

Once you have had the 'camera' then you will know what is wrong. (or not)

Do you eat a healthy diet ?  If not start changing your diet now!

another thing that will give you decent stools.Fruit veg etc etc. (No red meat either)!

Susan

• Posted

hi Susan. thanks for reply. did eat health 5 weeks ago and exercised regular . at moment diet all over place. tried high fiber before went to docs. no date for colonoscopy. 8 days since referal. any idea how long you wait I'm in Scotland?

• Posted

Go back to the healthy eating regime and

If you can look at your local area hospital in Scotland-try putting in how many weeks for colonosocopy-see if you get anywhere.

I had mine done 4 years ago I'm in East Sussex -at that time the wait wasn't too long.

Things change very fast in the NHS.

Tell your GP you want it done as a urgent -see if he can rush it through !

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

thanks for your quick response. i am going to take your advice on and return to healthy diet and exercise. i will keep you posted. i really needed that wee bit support don t want to worry family too much at moment. hope u are well. thank you.
    • Posted

beefy- you are welcome.

I have been told I am cured of bowel cancer-but there is never a 100% guarantee that it won't return!

i am in my early 70's!

Take care of yourself properly-I did just that but my cancer was inherited from close family members who had it-(mine wasn't due to my diet)!

regards

Susan

• Posted

Beefy if you don't mind me asking what led you to believe you had a belly button infection do you have pain there or a lump I'm asking because I have a lump in my navel and severe bloating I just saw my doctor today he's ordering a ct scan if you have a knot or lump maybe you can tell the doctor so it may expedite your colonoscopy and do you have navel pain I agree with Susan I haven't had cancer in the digestive area but have lots of gastro issues I hope you get answers soon health anxiety has ruled my life for a year it's very hard mentally and overtook my every waking moment so I can relate and I hope things go well

• Posted

yeah mate got a discomfort mainlyvwhen I bend. trying to not worry and get on. thanks.
    • Posted

Beefy I would definitely ask for an umbilical ultrasound if nothing else given your symptoms not saying you have anything to worry about but my doctor said the navel should never hurt she is consulting with an oncologist to possibly do a n exploratory as I said not saying you have something bad but best to get it checked out I'm only suggesting as I'm going through umbilical issues my self it can be a flag for something sinister my doctor says

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.