Convinced these are warning signs of imminent heart attack, please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past two months I’ve been having debilitating attacks where my husband takes me to the ER because I’m convinced I’m having a heart attack. I’m a 25 year old, not overweight, non smoker without diabetes or any other known illnesses. I’ve had a follow up with a cardiologist, a perfect stress test, perfect ct angiograph and blood work. 

These attacks have gotten so bad that it is now constant, from when I wake up til when I fall asleep. I had to quit my job. I am MISERABLE. 

My symptoms all day are: constant nausea/indigestion 

Heart palpitations 

Chest pressure

Incredible upper back pain that spreads til the middle back

Neck pain 

Jaw pain

Pain that goes down both arms and hands (kind of tingling and burning)

Aching ears (sometimes ringing)

Shortness of breath

When I look this up on the internet it tells me YOU ARE HAVING A HEART ATTACK GO TO THE HOSPITAL!! But my cardiologist insists it’s not my heart! 

So I’m going to see a gastroenterologist and a hematologist and a rheumatologist but I’m the meantime I’m wondering could this all be psychological??? Is anyone else like me??? Is this stress manifesting? NO MEDICINE IS HELPING! I have barely been able to eat or sleep in weeks. The back pain is so bad in the mornings it wakes me up every single morning. 

Please help!! Should I keep going to a cardiologist? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi kalirenee,

Have you considered gerd/ hyperacidity? I went to ER showing all the clinical manifestations you mentioned. The dr without even checking me that long told me that he would give me omeprazole and i am having a heartburn but requested an ecg at the same time but came out normal. Hope you get yours sorted. 

• Posted

Same problem with me. 8 m 37 male single. All these symptoms from 3 years. Dr sais its anxiety. I smoke. I m in much trouble.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.