convincing myself this is brain cancer?!?!?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey, 

i was fasting on wednesday, and i had a headache, it would get worse when i would move, it went away when i ate, but till now i still have headache, or on the top of my head i would have sharp pains that always strikes in one specific area, and im getting really scared, and googling the stuff doesnt help me on google, im really scared and would appreciate it if someone replies back, pls im really scared,  im only 14 years old

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun firstly don't Google only makes ya feel worse try breathing exercises and relax it's anxiety I suffer constantly but mine is heart I'm so obsessed with it every lil pain in chest I think the worst n keep thinking my hearts not beating normal and it will stop but I've been checked out but am. Worried incase doc missed something i know it may not seem like anxiety but it is.. To b certain go have word with ya gp xx

• Posted

Rule number one don’t google your symptoms that’s all’s I ever do! And now I’m learning the hard way because every pain I get I can’t help but google. I keep getting a pain just below the crown and above my right ear and I’m convinced I have a brain tumor or something because it’s not normal pain. I’ve got my doctor on Friday but I suffer with health anxiety so maybe you are too,I’m sorry your going through something so young it’s not a nice feeling I know exactly how you feel,I’m here for you your not alone in this🤗

• Posted

If it subsided when you ate, I'm guessing (not a doctor or medical advice) that you probably shouldn't be fasting.

All the googling will do is give you a shot of adrenaline when you see something scary and your anxiety will rocket and cause you more problems. Been there and done that! 

• Posted

I fasted once for a routine procedure. Had the worst headache of my life that day, intense pain, sharp stabs top of my head and around the eye area. Horrible. Your body is used to being fed and watered. When you abruptly cut that off, it's basically going to throw a tantrum and react to that.

Perfectly normal reaction i can assure you. If you do need to fast, maybe considered easing into by fasting a couple of hours first, followed by eating, then extend by another hour each time you repeat the cycle so your body can get use to it. If you still get it when you fast, talk to your doctor to discuss your options.

• Posted

thanks for your reply, i have anxiety, i get sharp pains on the left side of my head as if someone electrocuted me there, my mum says it could be sinusitis or a cold/flu , coz i also get body pain and eyebrow pain, but even when i eat it still hurts, today it still happens, but the pain has gone less
    • Posted

Yes anxiety on top tends to exacerbate things unfortunately. You start getting use to the random aches and pains eventually but if in doubt, always best to consult your doctor. Possibly could be sinus related but a doctor would to check if you've any inflamation there x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.