Cooked burger? Food poisoning/ anxiety / health anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

so i have very severe anxiety / health anxiety and am always worried about getting food poisoning . i cooked myself a burger on a pan on the stove . i cooked it on like 6, for about 10 minutes. i flipped the burger a few times during cooking. i cut it open and it was brown inside . but dont have a meat thermometer so am not sure if it was cooked proper but still ate it. does it look cooked ?File size is too big

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

unfortunately it wont let me post the picture 😦

• Posted

• Beef is not too be worried about, it's chicken you need to cook fully. Think of when people get rare steak, that is barely cooked and it's still safe to order/eat. In fact, there are many popular dishes outside the U.S. that contain totally raw beef. For example: steak tartare is completely raw beef.
    • If your burger was brown then it is fully cooked, beef is only undercooked when it is pink and/or red color. But as I said, with beef you could eat it undercooked and even raw, it is not unsafe like chicken would be. Raw chicken carries salmonella, that's why it needs to be fully cooked. Beef does not carry this.
  • Posted

If the burger is brown inside this sounds like it was cooked; if it were undercooked, it would be pink on the inside Was the meat piping hot when you ate it? You don't need a thermometer to check this; tasting the food alone will tell you if it is hot enough. Simply relax and do not worry! Don't let health anxiety control your life.

• Posted

To prevent salmonella poisoning all meat, poultry, turkey, etc. should be cooked no less than 360 degrees fahrenheit. There is currently an outbreak throughout the USA.

• Posted

You are giving incorrect info to someone who already has anxieties,shame on you!

• Posted

My dad almost eats beef raw !

Very unlikely to have done anything and it sounds cooked enough anyway

Undercooked pork though....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.