Cooking tips with little effort

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Does anyone have some tips on what to cook for evening meals that is quick, takes little energy & is healthy & nutritious. I generally eat veg a few times a week, I can sit down to prep the veg in the afternoon then put them in the steamer tea time to cook for half hour while I rest, I have something out the freezer to go with it, either a veggie option or the odd times a chicken breast..The other days it tends to be a microwave meal or pizza out the freezer which I know isn’t healthy as processed & want to eat more healthy. Any tips would be grateful 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi pet48859,

I tend to go with the paleo/caveman type theory in the sense that you just need nutrients and protein, but little, if any carbohydrates. With that in mind, a simple but easy dinner that I have made in the past was chopped up courgette (with dried herbs chucked in) fried in organic extra virgin olive oil and a steak (you can get meat steak or vegan steak, both of which are high in protein and nutrients). The courgette is nice and easy to chop up and you just slap the steak in there and occasionally stir the courgette pieces. This recipe is simple and quick, but tasty too. I'm sure you could do the same with other vegetables like peppers or leeks etc. too.

• Posted

Hi Sockpim,

A few years ago I tried to do this - cut out carbs & lots of other things but being very slim it did not agree with me unfortunately. (I lost way too much weight) weirdly though it did give me a bit more energy, once I got over the change, but doc said I had to add carbs as couldn’t afford to loose any more weight.. then you just fall back into old habits when your feeling less energy. Can be a vicious circle. Although I don’t really consume many carbs to be fair now. I do have sweet potato rather than normal potato as lower in carbs. It’s hard to know when something doesn’t agree, it’s process of elimination & keeping a food diary aswell as an activity diary. Sometimes a bad day isn’t always to do with food so can be a tricky process as I’m sure you’re aware. I’ve taken bits of all feedback & when I store up the energy I will try a few of them. One thing which has helped is cutting out sugar too. the obvious ones are easy but i also check the sugar content if everything.

Thank you for your tips 😃

• Posted

I recommend stirfries! Quick and simple stuff. Salad, noodles, sauce boom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.