COOLIEF coverage

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone know if medicare will cover this procedure. i do not want a second TKR since the first has been disappointing. also, i just read an article on CCOLIEF being used after a KP with good results. any experience with this?

thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, good question, does anyone know if this is available in UK ?

• Posted

Yes it is..I am having the procedure done next week in Nebraska.

• Posted

thank you, that is great news. How was the block done to determine if you were a candidate?

• Posted

I think pretty standard procedure..she followed my xrays and poked, prodded asking where it was most sensitive and injected right knee. I was given a form to fill out every 30 minutes as to level of pain and instructed to go do the activities which were most painful in the past..which in my case is JUST WALKING!! I had to fax results next day and then they called to say results were successful.

• Posted

is this code language?

• Posted

you can google it. it is Radio Frequency Ablation for the knee. i believe it is a cool process.

• Posted

I'm 71 on Medicare and had it done on my hip...covered with small copays. Good result. My doc (COOLIEF Certified...check the website for one near you) had me better about 2 weeks. Note: It is NOT an instantaneous "cure"...takes some time to fully take. My doc does a lot of knees. For his patients, it usually lasts around a year...a few lucky ones get close to two years out of a single procedure From other posts on here, I don't believe it is available in the UK...check anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.