COPD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,   Has anyone been to Portugal,  Albufeira, and had to have oxygen in your apartment.   Where do you get it from?  I have Emailed the Luisidad clinic with no reply. We know we can get in in a clinic but not in the house. Also what is the situation at Faro  will they help?  Thanks so much  Anne 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have it but I'm in the States....doesn't sound like it's the same. Sorry. 
    • Posted

I presume you have to pay for it  so can you give me any idea how much it is ? With our health service we are spoilt and get it free.  Thanks so much  Anne x
    • Posted

To have a home concentrator and 4 portable canasters is about $120 US dollars.  Thankfully I get it free as well
  • Posted

Hi Anne Faro Airport are very helpful and most workers there speak very good English. However you can get the staff on the airplane to organise help for you when you land.

Sorry don't know anything about oxygen .

Hope all goes well with you 

• Posted

Thanks Rosfaro1  I know the girls on the transfere desk  speak English n I speak some Portuguese but never seen anyone in wheel chairs or with oxygen.  Think that's a good idea to ask the airline staff,  Thanks for your help.  I might even ask at Newcastle airport too x   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.