COPD

Posted , 4 users are following.

was in hosp for penumonia & copd 4puffers daily that hurt my lungs. to get up to do ANYTHING - im gasping for air & am very weak. doc is not offering anything else.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have COPD, but currently no pneumonia.With only 30% left to me, my physical restrictions are similar. My biggest challenge is controlling mucus buildup. My Dr. will not support me with Oxygen either. To control the mucus, I take over the counter "Mucinex". It's not cheap (insurance does not cover), but without it I could not survive. 

Insurance Co.'s sets the standards that the Drs go by. It is not how it should be at all.    

• Posted

Hi....is that med for use only at nite.... That may work for me! I just want to breath. Why can't u get oxygen?

• Posted

Hi Shade Wat a nice name  You must be very weak  Listen  sometimes if I can,t  breath good I try   to smell some Eucalyptus  you can get a bottle at the chemist  and throw a bit of the stuff in a pot with hot water  and put  a cloth over your head  and carefull try to sniff it trough your nose 

Be carefull that you do not this to long 

This oil is  strictly for external use  I hope this might help you a bit 

• Posted

Hi... Thank you... I will definitely try that method! Thank you!!
  • Posted

Please Consider getting a second opinion from a second doctor

• Posted

Yes.... I'm trying..... But my records follow me & doc's prejudged me!

• Posted

This si stupid You should get some help from your Doctor

Can"t you talk to  a nurse about this  and ask for advice 

I wish you all the best  just go for it 

Regards ,Nellebelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.