Copd

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have stopped smoking now for 54 days since being diagnosed with copd going to stick with it even though I have put on a stone in weight.x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Louise,

I'm very proud of you. You are the winner !

The weight gain you can deal with down the road. If you can walk a little every day, you could start a new good habit.

Try doing as I did, mark your calendar and celebrate your 6 month/annual victory over tobacco.

• Posted

hi Louise yes i know some people who have been n the same situation as you . Tell your G P and he should help he could send you to a stop smoking group or nurse to help lets know what is said all the best from 89152

• Posted

Hi Louise99338

Well done you!!! It is hard, I have done just over a year and yes I put on weight, I will deal with that when I am ready, but it can be done and you have made a really good start. Carry on the good work. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.