Copd

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last 4 weeks i have been severe breathing problems. Last night it was so bad that i had to visit the hospital.

They did x ray, blood test and ECG and all were clear.

Eventually the Doctor gave me

"Carbocisteine", has anyone tried this and does help with clearing chest to ease the breathing problem.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Surinder 😃

Carbocisteine works to loosen the mucus/phlegm that builds up in your lungs, throat and/or respiratory tract.

It's a strange thing because it only seems to work on some patients and not others, I was prescribed it and it didn't do anything to clear my chest.

I attend a local pulmonary rehabilitation class and, from chatting with other patients over the years, approximately 50% find it works well, whereas t'other folks find it useless.

All I can say it try it and see if it works for you 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.