COPD and high protein levels in blood

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

?My brother-in-law has COPD and recently his levels were really low and he was carrying quite a bit of water.  He went into hospital and they drained the water and done a lot of checks i.e. scans and discharged him, that was two months ago.  The same thing has happened again but this time the Docs are saying his protein levels in his blood are high and they are checking for bone marrow cancer. Waiting for results as I am typing this.  

?

?Has any other COPD sufferer experienced high protein levels but it hasn't been bone marrow cancer?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

High protein levels in the blood can indicate infection but really its not something just because another person with COPD has it  will mean its the same for another.  High protein levels can indicate other things also, I am sure your BIL doctor will be checking further and likely the results the doctor will share with your brother in law.

If you are interested the Mayo clinic has indications of what high protein in the blood means. 

• Posted

Hi,

Hospital are looking at bone marrow cancer at the moment.

Thank you for your reply. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.