COPD and Steam trains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi might seem like a daft question. My husband more than likely has COPD (going to hospital Dec 17th) no earlier appoinment.  We are visting family for Christmas and have been invited to go on a Santa steam train on Christmas eve with the grandchildren.  Of course we would like to go and my husband in particular as he really likes steam trains.  I have said yes please but now have started thinking would the steam affect and smell affect his breathing.  Any one offer any opinion.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is excellent news! I am so pleased for you (and of course for him ... but maybe just a little touch of jealousy!).

They do say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and in his case the upbeat mood clearly says he's stronger so, a really, really good decision.

Any pictures to follow?

Have a great day!

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  The photos we took include another chap who was doing the experience so better not upload them here. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.