COPD and the Complications of Respiratory Diseases

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm currently doing research , for my college course and because I work with in a Hospital I'm thinking of doing it on the above. I need some ideas , on how I can expand it please or a topic which will also fit in. Will be looking forward to your Ideas. Many Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

On your research could you find out the difference between COPD bronchitis; emphysema;pneumonia, the reason for asking is that my wife who is 82 has one of the above [COPD] but has NO cough or fleem [mucas] of any kind, Xrays just show lungs not 100% efficent , she is a non smoker, but the bingo years ago used to stink of smoke in the smoking day,s

• Posted

Hi,

How about looking it in relation to anaesthetic & smoking  as I was diagnosed by an anaethetist  the dental ones  won't touch me as very risky had angioplasty to revive me from a cardiac arrest which was oxygen not getting to  main areas of body.

Suspect even if given up smoking often treatment not given.I wasn't smoking at age 5 when had bronchopneumonia severely.Saved by pharmacist father .My breathing effects mobility stamina & energy.

• Posted

Thanks for the info,  my wife had plurisey in her early 20's, she is now 82 and for the past 2 years has had this breathing problem,  we put it down to secondary smoking from her bingo sessions years ago when smoking was allowed
  • Posted

Hi,

I was given asthma inhalers to clear the cough then fatal prediction which outlived having acupuncture & flu jab yearly. 8 yrs ago had cardiac arrest revived with angioplasty [ chest] stents .They now say don't have when have to have a mobility scooter & physical assistance with anything I do . Am 67!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.