COPD.. Does everyone has same symptoms?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was never officially dignosed with COPD, though I believe I got most of the symptoms. It started all of a sudden over a year agowhen one day I started feeling all deezy and menthally confused along with dyspnea attack and fatigue. Never coughed before and was generally healthy/sporty for years. I'm also considerably young (29 y.o.), but I've read that COPD can happen at any age. I should mention that I was going through some stress and I've smoked for about 2 months just before this nightmare started. Before, I was smoke free for almost 6 years (started at 15, quit at 23). I did all possible tests including spirometry, Xray, cardio etc. but all came back clear. I'm so frustrated cuz I feel that it gets worse: I'm weak and "brainfogged" 24/7, experiencing constant insomnia and chest/shoulders pain, loosing my breath now much quicker than back year ago, plus I've noticed my nails turned kind of blueish and hurt. Well, full list I guess smile I'm trying to stay positive, but should say it's not easy when you feel like you're dying and can't get any health assistance due to no diognasis. Does anyone here has similar simptoms or similar story and can share their experience? it would help me so much to figure how to deal with it. 

Light and peace to everyone.

- Dave

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For your age and presumed level of fitness, I would be looking mostly at anxiety or an allergy to something you breath regularly.

Research how to breath to calm anxiety.

Think about what you may be breathing, such as mouth wash, house scents and candles, mould, dust, cleaning sprays, deodoriser. Some time in a different location may bring you to a realisation that the problem mainly occurs only in one place......

• Posted

hey ghball!

For me that all surely makes total sense, the age and the fact that I had no signs of coming lungs problem ever before. I was also considering mold at my old aprtment and the kitten that I took just a few weeks before it started, but I've been tested for all possible allergies with clear results returned. Plus I never had any allergies before or any respiratory problems. I also moved to New York for the whole summer just for the sake of changing the environment I lived in, which brought no effect at all.

I had a brutal anxiety attack on the night when it happened, followed by insomnia and short series of nightmares. Indeed the worse time of my life. But I'm sure it was caused by dyspnea which felt like something was twisting and clenching my chest deeply inside. I mean don't take me wrong, I wish it would be just anxiety. But in reality it feels like an actual damage in my lungs, on the physical level I mean. Although I wish it all would be just my imagination. hah. 

thanks for your support and let us all be well and healthy.

cheers!

• Posted

Hello I was sent for an xray and it came bsck I had emphazima so I stopped smoking that was 2 yrs ago but I get really breathless and not as fitcas I was but due to my fibromyalgia and anxiety and depression it dont help .I am only 53 and my life ended at 47 when I lost my son I do not get meds for emphazima but was told I had the lungs of someone aged 67 I have did during the week and she will have to get something done with me as I cannot go on like this my life is crap to be polite

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.