COPD Medication - Predisolone - Itchy Skin????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am a newbie here, just wondered if anyone has had a problem with itching skin since being started on Spiriva. I have had endless doses of Predisalone which tends to keep the itching at bay. Would be interesting to know if anyone suffers from this????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I am fine with Spiriva, although have certain food allergies, but had to give up Prednisolone because of terrible side effects. I did suffer Urticaria (Hives) really badly on my back, arms and legs..just about everywhere...for about 7 years, and was put on 10 mg. of Phenergan which helped a bit, but it went away just like that and has never reappeared. It was so bad, I used to put wet bicarbonate of soda in a paste onto the hives just to get a bit of relief. Why it went away, I haven't the foggiest..!! Prednisolone was given to me to fight off chest infections along with antibiotics, not for itching.

Regards, Val.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Val, yes sorry i didn't make myself very clear in that last post, was just a bit baffled and wasnt sure if it was the Prednisolone that was making my skin itch, like you it seems to just be on my back and scalp.
  • Posted

I've been on Spiriva for years and it never made me itch. I used to have Hives years ago and it just vanished too, I don't know why.
  • Posted

Hi Oddbiddy

Isn't that peculiar, how something so horrible, that can keep you awake all night and is so distressing, can just vanish overnight? I even used to get it from the steam when stirring up some foods that I personally was allergic to, but was cooking for my family. Do you think there is any truth in the old fashioned saying that your body changes every seven years?

• Posted

well, I was 28 when I got what they were calling asthma at the time, that's some sevens.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

My brother had been on Predisolone a few times and often complained about itching. Using lukewarm water for bath instead of hot water might help. Soaps designed for sensitive skin or baby soaps usually work best. He also used baby powder after bath in those painful times.

Luis

• Posted

Outhwaite... Your body dies replace your cell in a7 year process. I'm 54 now, and looking back I can tell about every seven years there was a change in something. Kind of odd isn't it.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.