COPD - Oxygen

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

My mum passed away in December with COPD I have recently learned that the hospital had been giving her too much oxygen whilst in hospital and it caused complications, at home she was on 2lt but the machine in the hospital was delivering 19lt she had a full mask on in the hospital because her condition had deteriorated what effect would the 19lt have on her condition as I am struggling to get my head around this all and need answers to move on.

thanks

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

have you asked the hospital for the reason why and if not ask for a investagition into why the oxygen was so high compared to what your mum was on at home and im sorry that your mum had passed
    • Posted

Hi

I have a meeting this week but really wanted to know if 19lt oxygen was too much and contributed to her detours ting I will be asking that question but expect to get fobbed off I need these answers to move on

Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it

• Posted

That's a terrible thing:  how did you find out about the oxygen levels?
  • Posted

Good night Sogs! I would first like to apologise for the way the message to you yesterday or very early in the morning of today came out wrong it was meant to read I'm sorry your mother has passed away due to some error with the oxygen given! I am no longer sending messages to this forum from my android phone what with the predictive messaging its dam dangerous Sorry about that I'm on my laptop from now on!

I really hope you get an answer to your questions you have every right to find out how & why this happened! Was there by any chance any serveilance in the room or ward your Mum was on as that should show what hapened or it might be an accident it's really hard to know & a  painful time aswell I hope you find the support & strengh to help you through this differcult time!God bless youx 

• Posted

Wow....I would definately talk to an attorney. He will know what the state medical policies are but that sounds crazy high for anyone!!! Let us know!!

Ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.