Coping after PE's

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am so glad I found this forum and have been given good advice and support.

Does anyone get pain in their legs? I was told that my PE's (diagnosed in November with large PE's in both lungs)were coming from my left leg, I have been to the GP who doesnt seem worried by it, also I get funny sensations like a feeling of being a bit wobbly and disorientated and sometimes I get the feeling of rapid / heavy heartbeats and then just feel out of sorts for a while.

I get told that it could be menapausal but can't take HRT as this is what they think contributed to the PE's.

I know I need to start exercising again but I get days where I feel I can do things and when I go out I tend to feel wierd and then get all anxious so all I ant to do is go home, and then I get days where I feel absolutly terrible.

It would be so good if there was a support group that was able to meet up.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Debby,

Your aches and pains sound pretty familiar. I got all sorts in the early days. I expect some were related to the PEs and some were probably related to changes in circumstances (reduction in mobility, sleeping/sitting badly etc.). Over time, they reduce.

As far as lack of information - I thing that may have much to do with the low incidence of PEs. It's pretty low compared to heart attack, diabetes and the like.  It also falls between two disciplines (pulmonary and vascular) where the majority of people they see have other conditions. When I was visiting the pulmonologist, I seemed to be the only PE outpatient.  Also suspect that it gets grouped as an effect of a condition, rather than a condition. By that I mean when the cause is found (maybe surgery, DVT, birth control, immobility etc.) investigation reduces.

But it does get better. The aches and pains will reduce...you will find yourself able to do more and more. I am redecorating the lounge next week and the only concession is a top quality mask.....

Oh...and I also got the "funny sensations/feeling a bit wobbly/rapid or heavy heartbeats" and it is most assuredly not menapause as I am male. Still get the heart discord but no one has ventured a cause and a heart guy said it wasn't an issue.

HTH

Peter

• Posted

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

It is very true about the lack of mobility, I hardly do any exercise now except for pottering around the house and maybe a very short walk, so I expect that some of these aches and pains are due to this.  It is disconcerning though when I ahve no pain in the other leg and now have the feeling of hardness in the thigh.

I will be glad when I get a few good days on the trot, will help me feel a little more positive...

Good luck luck with the decorating!

Debby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.