coping with 2 small kids on own how to kick this depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

dont really know if help writing on here but feeling like i just dont know how to cope anymore,  the father of my two lovely boys left me 3 months ago told me he stoped loving me i havent been able to understand this

alot has happened in my years lost my mum when i was 19 now nearly 40 always been scared of lossing the ones we love maybe that why lose him pushed away over the years

i am now going though how do i do this on my own how do i look after the boys on my own feeling such a failure that i have failed everyone and everything around me just want to run away and hide to forget everything

took the step today to go to dr got some meds to help me pick up again

i have lived in hope that i would get my life back dont know how to see forward right now

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am so so sorry , the pain must be unbearable

I do hope you get through this awful time

My heart goes out to you

• Posted

Hi saffymary, you shouldn't think of yourself as a failure, your partner leaving was out of your control as was your mother's passing. You'll be surprised how much strength you find when you're left with no choice. I posted something similar on here the other day, I'm a 36 (soon to be 37) year old single mum to my beautiful 16 month old daughter. I left her dad 2 months after finding out I was pregnant and he's had no input ever since. I'm overcoming some personal demons and sometimes feel like I'm drowning in motherhood, its suffocating. But I carry on. Without support I couldn't do it. I think you did the right thing going to your GP & asking for help, there's no way I could find any strength in the slightest without the help of prescription drugs. I was given some advice on here, take one day at a time, I think that's a good start ☺
  • Posted

Hi how can you be a failure when you have your two lovely boys?   I accept you feel like this because this is how depression affects you,  but you can't trust depression thoughts so every time they intrude tell them to go away and leave you alone.  It's good advice to take each day as it comes. 

You wil be feeling better in timen so hold on to that please and have hope.  Take care.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.