Coping with Hemorrhoids

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, looking for help and advice with my issue.

In 2018 I developed three external Haemorrhoids whilst pregnant. These resolved following the birth but I was left with skin tags.

I've had no problems with them since then up until 4 weeks ago when I suddenly developed one after an illness which included excessive vomiting.

I saw my GP after 3 weeks of suffering who said it was quite small and to just keep using Anusol cream. However, a couple of days following this I developed another one within one of the existing skin tags and I'm really seriously suffering. I saw the GP again yesterday and she said I have three external now. She's suggested a few things but if they don't resolve in a weeks time to come back and she'll refer me.

I'm suffering with constant itching which is driving me crazy and making me utterly miserable. Night time is the worst. I'm losing a lot of sleep and it's affecting my daily life.

This is what I'm taking:

3 x antihistamine daily

Paracetamol 4 times daily

Ibuprofen 3 times daily

Anusol hydrocortisone cream

Anusol wipes

Lactulose twice daily

I've tried ice packs and sitz baths which help briefly.

The anti histamine seems to work best but i took one at 10pm last night and only had three hours of relief and woke up at 1am with insane itching.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions? I'm desperate.

thank you for listening.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.