Copper Coil and weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can I ask if anyone has come off the pill had the copper coil fitted and managed to lose weight. I've put 3 stone on and can't budge it. I'm going for a consultation on Monday for the coil. I think what I'll find weird is I've never had a period in years so will not be looking forward to that. Do you have to have it fitted after you've had a period? Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I was told to come in while on my period so it's easier to put in(um it was painful for me) I've had it for about a month now. I'm not sure if I've lost weight because I try to eat healthy and exercise and have been tryin to lose weight while on and off the pill. Do you eat healthy and exercise?
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

How is it going? I'm wondering whether you went ahead with the copper coil? I just recently (less than 3 weeks ago) got one fitted to be free of hormonal contraception which I just haven't got on at all with since I had my little boy who's 3. Before him (and when I caught!), I was on the combined pill and understandably I didn't want to go back to that after... I have spent the last 3 years trying various things, depo injections, the implant and progesterone only pill... Weight gain (or at least a real struggle to lose weight) has been a reoccurring theme of all of these. I remain a stone heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight despite being moderately active and eating a on the whole healthy diet... I am really hoping that this change to the copper coil will help me feel better in my own skin. It was painful having it fitted and I have been very bloated on and off but it's early days and when I weighed myself this morning I was 2lbs lighter than this time last week... I'd call that hope! :-)

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

I was wondering how changing to the copper coil has worked out for u? I am thinking about changing to it ad i have gained 20 lbs since Depo in Dec 2016 n eat good n workout daily and trying not to get frustrated but weight not coming off... Has the coil worked for u?

Judith

• Posted

Hi just seeing this dicussion, has the coil made it eaiser? Im thinking of getting off Depo... gained 20lbs i lost just before starting it in Dec 2016...

Is coil worth it?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.