Copper coil late period.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello all,

I've had the copper coil (non hormonal) for 2 years now - got it in january 2018. its always been fine until now, i checked the strings and they've gone up inside even more than before to the point where i can just about touch them and they go all the way inside to the point i cannot touch them when i feel for them. On the 9th May i had pale pink spotting for 5 days and my period was due on the 19th. My period didn't come so 'flo' my period app continued it as my cycle. it re evulated my period and said it'll be due on the 26th of May and it still didnt come. I fully missed May's period & June (this months) period was due 3 days ago but it hasn't come so flo is recaculating everyday. my cycle is now day 49. ive had some syptoms here is a list below;

1. the pale pink spotting on the 9th
  2. belly cramps
  3. bottom of shoulder blade pains
  4. nausa - not actually been sick
  5. fagiture
  6. constant mood swings
  7. more hunger and cravings
  8. needing to urinate more frequently
  9. sticky creamy discharge - sometimes with a hint of a yellow colour.
  10. very watery discharge with a slight fishy smell - this is currently and has been happening / / smelling for 3 days now
  11. for 3 days prior to the fishy discharge an itchy feeling down there
  12. for 1 day a burning pain around vagina - could've been due to the type of material my underwear was
  13. for one night - tender left breast / right breast was fine.

i have contacted the gp and waiting a scan to see if the coil has moved.

******what would you do if you were me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had the Mirena for about two years now as well. I haven't had a period at all for this entire time. Here and there I'll get spotting, cramps and the usual symptoms of a period but that's it. It's possible that you have a yeast infection? Some of the things mentioned are related to that...discharge, itch, smell, burning and feeling like you have to go to the bathroom more. I'd definitely get checked for that.

• Edited

hey hun, isnt the marina and copper coil slightly differnt (please tell me if im wrong) but isnt the marina the hormonal one whilst copper is the non hormonal? I heard with marina your periods do stop but copper coil shouldnt stop them? Also im still waiting for the hospital letter as my dr or the health clinic will not check me over due to covid. the itching and the smelly discharge has stopped now it lasted about 4 days x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.