Copper Coil Nova T380 - Need some information

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey,

?I just recently had the Nova T380 (non-hormonal copper coil) fitted 2 days ago (8/5/2018) and I was just wondering if my symptoms are normal and whether you guys are experiencing what I am going through just to put my mind at ease (I panic over the littlest of things concerning my health so please bare with me).

?All has been fine within the first two days, except from the loss of appetite and a bit of cramping which is what I was expecting. I still haven't had any spotting or bleeding (but I had been on the pill which stopped my period for 2-3 years so I'm thinking its just the hormones getting out of my system). But today I have felt so sicky and nauseus after I ate and was worrying why that is.

?With my old contraception I was so used to the fluctuating eating habits but its been 2 full days now that I have not been hungry and when I have eaten (which was only a soft cheese sandwich) I felt really sick for about an hour.

?I was just wondering if this is something I need to be concerned about or whether I need to shut the hell up basically and I am worrying over nothing.

?Also- another question: Due to me not having a period for so long I had asked the doctor (in the less weirdest way possible) when I can pretty much have sex again and as we both didn't know when the end of my last period was so he stated that I wait 2 weeks. However, in the leaflet given to me as well as additional research it states that as soon as my coil is fitted I am protected. Should I follow what my doctor said or trust the leaflet and additional research?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.