Cordal Epidural Injection

Posted , 5 users are following.

Tomorrow I have this procedure given by a Pain Management Consultant

This is for continual Sciatic Pain in the legs which impair mobility.

Anybody have experience of this procedure?

How long did it last?

I understand two per year can be given because of the |Steroid component of the injection.

George 37332

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Had the same thing.  Shots did not work...nothing worked.  My neurosurgeon did an MRI and found a bone spur "crushing" (his word) my sciatic nerve root at L4/L5.  Simple laminectomy...immediate and permanent pain relief.

• Posted

Thank you for this..still optimistic as this is scar tissue from two previous oprations for disc herniations
  • Posted

I have a synovial cyst on a spine facet joint that is pressing on the sciatic nerve sending severe pain down the right leg........ i have had those injections, whereby for me, the cyst is drained ,then steroids injected into the area for pain relief........

The first one  (a year ago )worked good ....since then they have not worked at all.....

I am going in for another one at the end of the week........here in Aus we can have 3 per year.........it is done while you are in the MRI machine so they can track the needle position......its a very thin needle and the procedure (for me anyway) was not too bad.....i am hoping this one is going to work.......i have about 8 needles in the procedure......fingers crossed...........

(nothing to loose but your smokers cough sort of thing.............

• Posted

How did you get on with your injections George?
    • Posted

Fine, a little painful injections but helped a great deal especially as I was going on holiday.

Well worth pushing for.

Incidentally,  the spelling I discovered is "Caudal" epidural.

Sciatica pain relieved for the moment, time will tell. Trying to reduce Gabapentin medication as "Mind numbing"

• Posted

Hi George, how did you get on with your injection? I'm booked in for same in two weeks and would appreciate your views. X

• Posted

Still worth doing definitly recommend. My local hospital allows up

to 2 Caudal Epidural Injections per year.

Seeing Consultant 31st August 2017 will ask for another one early November,2017 and therefore ask to be kept on books.

• Posted

Still worth doing definitly recommend. My local hospital allows up

to 2 Caudal Epidural Injections per year.

Seeing Consultant 31st August 2017 will ask for another one early November,2017 and therefore ask to be kept on books.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.