Corn pad left bulging red mark on toe.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I had or believed I had a corn on my toe and have used over the counter corn pads with salicylic acid on both index toes. Unfortunately the pads dissolved all the skin on my toe and were simply too strong- it may not have been a corn I had in the first place. I have been left with an unsightly mark on my toe that protrudes out from my toe and is bright.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can encourage normal skin growth and heal my toes? I currently wear trainers all of the time so my feet do not rub on my shoes and moisturise with coconut oil/shea butter every night.  The marks have been on my toes for a year now. 

Thanks all for any help/suggestions in advance biggrin

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.