Cornea erosion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have blepharitis and dry eyes as well as a cornea erosion.

I'm finding this hard to manage on a daily basis. If it isn't done on a daily basis, my eye is extremely painful that night as the cornea scar seems to open up again.

Any hints I would appreciate.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Pauline... what have you used already?  Are you in UK.? I have had this and a corneal erosion for about 15 years so know the agony you are going through.   How long have you had this?
  • Posted

what I have been doing each morning is heating a flannel in the microwave (About 60 seconds) then hold it across your closed eyes until it cools down. Then, using a different cotton wool pad for each eye, wet the pad and wipe over the open eye.

I was advised not to use a face cloth to wash my face but to do the above.

It does seem to be helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.